Last updated: March 08, 2021
- Any user of, or visitor to, our website.
- Individuals who share their contact details and other personal information with us when submitting an inquiry, or in the framework of a potential or ongoing business relationship, during webinars, trainings or events.
Who is responsible for your personal information?
Acuity is responsible for the collection and use of your personal data, and determines what data to collect, how to use it, for how long to store it, and with whom to share it.
What information does Acuity collect and why?
The personal information that we collect broadly falls into the following categories:
- Information that you provide voluntarily: We collect personal information directly from you when you voluntarily reach out to us directly, submit a request, or fill in a form on our website. In such a case, you may provide certain information, such as contact details (name, surname, e-mail address, phone number, etc.), and geographical information (i.e., address/country). We process your personal information to follow up and answer to your requests. The processing of your personal information in this case is based on your consent, including the related international transfers outside of your country of origin, if applicable.
Further to the purposes described above, we may process your personal information:
- Verify your identity, where required by law.
- Comply with any legal obligations that apply to us.
In accordance with the applicable local laws, and based on your consent where required, we may also:
- Contact you to send you marketing e-mails or newsletters, marketing material via regular e-mail, or call you over the phone, to understand whether you are interested in our products and services. In these cases, you will have the opportunity to opt out from being contacted by Acuity at any time;
- Collect personal information about you (e.g., your position, specialty, and publications) from publicly available sources such as company, university, publications websites, and combine it with personal information we have collected about you, to enhance the customer profile in support of our sales and marketing activities.
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- to our third-party services providers and partners, including IT providers, hosting partners and consultants, who provide data processing or advisory services to us,
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
International data transfers
Acuity operates with the support of international partners, and your personal information may be transferred to and processed in countries other than the country in which you reside, including the USA and the EU. Transfers of personal information outside of your country of origin are made according to the applicable data protection laws.
We retain personal data we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to comply with your request or with the applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements), and otherwise delete or anonymize your personal information.
Your data protection rights
We will make reasonable efforts to respond promptly to your requests in accordance with applicable laws. When you contact us, we may require you to provide information to authenticate your identity to assist you with your request.
You can submit a request to us with respect to your personal information by completing this form. Please note that Acuity is an affiliated company of Bruker Corporation, and it is supported by Bruker’s privacy office. More information about specific rights for individuals located in the EU/EEA or for California residents is described below.
Data Subject Rights EU/EEA and Switzerland
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by completing the Data Subject Request Form. Please note that Acuity is an affiliated company of Bruker Corporation, and it is supported by Bruker Corporation’s privacy office.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications from Acuity at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
CCPA Privacy Statement
If you are a California resident, California law provides you with the following rights with respect to your personal information:
- The right to know what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed and sold about you. To submit a request to know, you may call us at +1 (888) 914-9661 and enter the PIN 960300 or submit your request via our Data Subject Request Form.
- The right to request that we delete any personal information we have collected about you. To submit a request for deletion, you may call us at +1 (888) 914-9661 and enter the PIN 960300 or submit your request via our Data Subject Request Form.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the following details:
Acuity Spatial Genomics, Inc.
112 Robin Hill Road
Santa Barbara, CA 93117
United States of America